Sunday 2 October 2016

Photo walk, a report.

This is the text of a mail I got from Kelby on the 29th. (It has come to our attention that your published walk has less than 5 registered walkers. In order to Lead a walk, your walk must have at least 5 registered walkers. 

Please promote your walk via Social Media or whatever other avenues you feel fit to try to obtain at least 5 walkers. if the walk does not have 5 registered walkers by Saturday, October 1, we will have to delete your Leader application from the website. 

If you currently have less than 5 walkers, you can also choose to  join another walk published in your location. 

Decided not to lead a walk?  Please let me know and I will remove your walk from the PhotoWalk website.)  

At that stage I had 2 walkers registered on the site but I kinda knew what would occur. By Friday evening I had 7, and another two on Saturday morning. I also said in the local newspaper that all were welcome but only those that registered could enter Kelby's competition. Anyway, when I arrived to the start point at about 2:10 I had about 20 waiting there. 

What put a bit of an exquisite squeeze on the thing was the local satellite tv asked if they could tag along with a cameraman and a reporter.

All in all it seemed people liked the idea and the walk. They could get a bit of information on this and that without feeling foolish. They could shoot whatever they wanted, in however they wanted, all I asked.
The end was a little disappointing, but not too bad. There was a re-play of a major football match and a lot of them went before the finish. 
So all in all it was good. 
Now I have to await their photos and choose the best. They get something for the winner. ANd that's uploaded to the main site. But that's a few weeks away.
Because I was trying to keep things going and watching that people weren't being left out I totally forgot to shoot the group. But the others did and here   if you scroll through a bit you'll see the others and some of their shots.

6 comments:

  1. 20?!?! That's awesome!
    I'm sure it's a bit of a task with a larger group, everyone looking to get something different from the day. Although, most are probably just looking for an enjoyable time which alleviates the stress of meeting everyone's needs.
    The FB group is a closed group so I couldn't see the photos, but I look forward to seeing what is put up on the main site and which you choose as the winner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I tried to get some of the home pages, but they've not up loaded to them.

      The TV interview was a bit stressful. I didn't know what to expect.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to know it ultimately turned out to be a successful event. I look forward to seeing whatever you can share with us here.

    I thought about y'all Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never be sure with these things. I was a bit loose on the reins with them for I took them to be adults in a town they knew so I brought them through the areas they wouldn't usually stop to see. And some said exactly that.

      And thanks for the wishes.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like was an overall success, perhaps a bit like "herding cats" as we say here in the U.S.! I look forward to seeing the winning shot and others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly. None of them were kids, so I expected them to be able to follow guidelines, not a route map. If they wanted to spend time on one aspect and catch up that was fine. They had a fair idea where we would be at any given time.

      Delete