Tuesday 8 November 2016

And they're off.

I usually have a good deal of fun with the US presidential election. But this time, no. To my way of thinking Sanders was the only one that wasn't buried in a version of the past, or a conservatism that only depended upon where you took as the starting point. And it seemed from this distance that Sanders was ventilating an idea for a future that took into account those that are being marginalised with the current lot and with answers that reflect something that didn't contain the poison of fascism.

   

5 comments:

  1. I will disagree with Bernie not being buried in a version of the past. He has been holding public office for over three decades. Truly the only person that wasn't blemished by being a career politician is Donald Trump and he is blemished in many other ways. Polls are open now and silence on television and phones now reign. I'm waiting for the early rush to subside then I will be heading down to vote for Gary Johnson and the mix it up a bit further down the ticket with our local elections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have early voting in Tennessee so I voted a couple of weeks ago. I predict a victory for Hillary by a comfortable margin but Trump has been surprising us for some time now. The sun will come up in the morning and life will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also voted two weeks ago and I know my candidate will not win. But I can sleep at night with a clean conscience. Ditto both of the comments above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And boy was I wrong, except for the part about Trump surprising us. And the sun did come up this morning.

    ReplyDelete