Friday 15 June 2018

A new phone (not quite and upgrade) and GOT's

Of recent weekends I've been watching Game of Thrones on Youtube. And speaking as a history and classics grad I'll say I can't think of one culture and her sagas they haven't shamelessly ripped off. But I will say this, there hasn't been a darn thing made in the last 10 years for TV or cinema that comes within an asses roar of its quality.
Now I thought it would be back to back sex and killing. And there's not doubt there's both in abundance, but both fit the line of the story and only enough to tell the story. nothing like some cop drama.
Of all the interlocking characters, the one that's most three dimensional is that played by Peter Dinklage, Tyron Lannister. Almost Hamlet.
Now most of the rest of the older actors can act whatever is needed be it Hamlet's uncle, Othello or King Lir. The younger ones are a bit caught in a catch 22, between sex and violence. Or they've yet to get in their acting ability beyond their sexuality.
But all in all a darn good show.

Before Christmas 2016 I bought a phone and from the day I got it it wasn't correct. Well anyway it spend about 10 months going back and forth to Germany. Only for them to accept that enough was enough, I had a dud and they sent me a new one. It's a bit of an upgrade, but older than the one I had. It has a better camera, and a bigger memory. Now I'm kinda torn. I could really push for the legal requirement is for the same or better, not older, when replacing an item.
       

6 comments:

  1. I have heard nothing but good things about the show. When it was first shown on hbo, I recorded season 1 and tried to watch it. I couldn’t get past the supernatural element to it and gave up. It sure is a “talk about around the water cooler” show. Everyone who watches it loves it. Just not my cup of tea I guess.
    I say you need to get a phone that is what you had that works. Getting an older phone to replace the one that was a dud, doesn’t make sense to me. You bought a new phone...they should replace it with a new phone. In my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think the over the top dragon stuff was a bit much. But as a device to get the St Joan bit going it wasn't bad. But I do think the later seasons were better that the first. They are more writer driven than the CGI. And it's later you find 'real' actors being brought in. I expect that's because they wanted to make certain they had a hit. Indeed I'd go so far as to say the first season was on a shoestring.

      Yeah, I'm kinda think that too.

      Delete
  2. Never seen the show but I've heard enough people talk about it. I gave up my streaming plan online because I never used it so I really don't have a way to watch it anymore unless I can get it one DVD at a time mailed to me by Netflix.

    I just got Apple to replace the battery in my phone which has a recall of sorts on it. It's like having a new phone now that I don't have to charge it twice during the day just to make it through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I'm watching on Youtube. The Streamers have a quarter service here in Ireland so it's pointless to pay.

      Yeah I rang them today they will get back next week.

      Delete
  3. I've not watched it and figure it's too far gone to try and catch up. We do have the first five books (my husband's), but I've not read them. I've heard the TV version is pretty different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually far more watchable than all that vampire and ballzed up future under a dome crap.

      Delete