Saturday 23 January 2016

OK, a studio.

I called to one of the places that I had arranged to give an Art Photography course last Friday only to discover that they had moved. But while there I met a woman for a theatre group that has taken space in the complex and she mentioned that since there was space just now there should be little problem running the class/workshop (I've yet to decide what to call it). Anyway, she gave me a number for a board member to have a chat with and we arranged a provisional Saturday, give a call about 10AM which I did.
So the upshot is that I have studio space anytime I want it. The only issue is it isn't fixed, and I have to pack everything into storage after I use it.
Have you ever had things come together relatively easily. Only to look the gift horse in the mouth. By this I mean, this arrangement really works for me right now. I have a studio in a known space. And relatively speaking for little money. Basically heat and light. Only to feel something isn't right.Things usually are far harder than this. But it could simply be that I've been the early bird.
Anywoos, I'll climb some mountains tomorrow and think on things.

10 comments:

  1. The mountains are the best places to think on things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is true. :-) It tends to pound the wasted thought out and leave some clarity behind.

      Delete
  2. Almost seems too good to be true? Actually, it sounds like an ideal situation.

    Enjoy the hike. We can all use our various ways to focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly !. I had a different picture in my mind. And perhaps that's the problem, a picture is static, and when things shifted, while I went with it I was uneasy.

      Delete
  3. I would invest in some wheeled carts that you could wheel in and out of storage as needed. Hiking mountains is just good all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have a few of them. Not the big ones, like what you call a handtruck. But yes, I'll need them.

      Delete
  4. While I think listening to your gut is important, if you aren't seeing a reason (other than carting your materials) there would be a problem, it sounds like it's a great opportunity. If you aren't tied to paying for a long period of time, just go with it and if it ends up not working out, so be it. But it doesn't hurt to give a go. Sometimes things just fall into place, which can lead to some skepticism. :) I agree with Ed on the rolling carts...the back and forth and packing up won't seem quite as daunting when you're not lugging the stuff around with you. Good luck! I look forward to hearing how it all pans out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you are correct. I'll check with my insurer on Monday as to how that goes. And if they are OK with it then fine. You see it isn't the moving but that the space isn't sole use, and therefore lockable.

      Delete
    2. Ah, yes, being able to store it there will make it much easier. That's great! Will you use it as a studio space for you as well, or just for the classes?

      Delete
    3. Yes, as a studio space, where I can form a concept with models or have someone come for say headshots/portraits. And there's an office that I can use to converse with clients in a formal way.
      It was always ideal for small classes. Mind you I'll need a few things like white boards, or even old fashioned blackboards. But the classes are easily enough to make happen on a logistical side. It only my ability to teach and their willingness to attend that in question. :-)

      Delete